Friday, September 26, 2008

Ape Caves




On Saturday the 13th of September I was able to take the kids to the Ape Caves by Mt. St Helens. It is Lava Caves made by the eruption of St. Helens 1900 years ago. There are two caves to explore and we chose the lower cave which they said takes about an hour to hike the 3/4 mile. Between my friend Ashlie and I we had 6 kids so it seemed like it took alot longer. With headlamps and flashlights we made our trek down the stairs not really knowing what to expect. My friend Heidi warned we may see rodents and bats. We were lucky that they never crossed my path because I didn't bring extra Britches. (I'm a little scared of mice). It was a really fun day and I'm glad I was able to take the kids before Brian came home because it is definitely not wheelchair accessible. The kids had alot of fun exploring.

1 comment:

wilkinson family said...

wow! that sounds like so much fun!