Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Girls day

Have you ever gotten in your car looked at your gas gage and told yourself you need gas before too long? Well this morning as I got in the car to drive to the Seattle Temple I told myself I would get gas in Centrailia. I started talking and it never crossed my mind until I was cutting across four lanes of traffic because I forgot to get on I-405 until the last minute. As I looked down to make sure the crusie control was off I noticed the gas light was on. I thought " how long has that been on?" (note gas light is on)







I remembered that I had a DTE(distance till empty) reminder on my overhead moniter. I clicked the button until it came up and when I saw it I thought "holy crap". Ok I've let my gas get down low before but when it said "0" I was sure I was going to run out on the on ramp to I-405 and block traffic for hours.



So I said a little prayer that I wouldn't run out of gas on the freeway and I thought about all the times I have called people idiots in my mind when I hear about them running out of gas. Thank goodness we got off the next exit and found a gas station a block away. In my rush to fill the car up I forgot to hit the little girls room. My diet Pepsi had run it's course. I figured I would just go when I got to the Temple since they have such clean bathrooms. Anythings better than a gas station restroom.



Ahh we finally made it and I went into the bathroom by the entrance. As I looked down to put the seat cover on I noticed what looked like a chocolate bar smeared on the toilet. (It was not chocolate)There was no way I was getting near that toilet.


So what I thought would be a simple trip to the Temple turned out to be a very eventful trip for us.

1 comment:

wilkinson family said...

lol. sorry just too funny esp. since i have done things like that.
glad you were able to make it to the temple safely though.