Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cider Time!

My brother Doug and his wife Kay brought their brand new cider press that he built to Washington to make their annual batch of cider. The kids picked a few buckets of apples and put them through the press.
The cider press works so efficient that the apples start draining juice almost as soon as they are chopped up.

The kids loved drinking fresh cider and after about 15 minutes of work their was too much cider to drink in one day.



He made about 4 gallons in a matter of minutes.

It was so easy to work that all the kids tried their hand at the press.





The bag of pulp was a little heavy for my scrawny kids.












Quinton loved drinking it since he usually only gets milk and water at home.

Quinton loves his Aunt and Uncle even though he only sees them twice a year.





Katrina and her Aunt have a special bond!


Uncle Doug is always picking on the kids.



Yummy fresh cider!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man Susie, your brother is a real stud. His wife must be so happy to have him.

Anonymous said...

Susie, your brother is a real stud you know, his wife must be so happy to have him

Susie Q said...

Yeah, that was real anonymous! We all know who put that comment on! I notice the first time you EVER comment it has pictures of you!

BJ Barnes said...

I'm so envious!! Rud and I have been wanting a cider press for the longest time! The ones I've found for sale are over $500. - which is a little more than we've wanted to spend!
It looks like that one works great and is user friendly!
It's fun to see everyone enjoying themselves and that yummy cider! :)

Anonymous said...

Wrong, I put comments up before, but since my hard drive crashed it wont let me sign in.........Paul

Susie Q said...

Too funny... Paul????? Really it was really you?

The Epley Fam said...

Tash here -- I'll let you figure out whether it was really Paul who posted on your site, but given the fact that I'm posting under our account, that might give you a clue. :)

Glad to see the pictures of your kids. We need to have another family get together soon. I was going to say that Doug likes to scare Emma too (she's catching on though -- finally). And, MAN, I didn't realize how much Doug looks like your dad!

Susie Q said...

Thanks Tash, I knew it was Doug but then he put Paul so it confused me. Men, they are crazy. So it seems like its been a while since your blog was updated, Paul needs to be trained so when hes sitting around recovering he can post pics for me. I had to look at Ryans blog to see Ben :)

Jenn said...

Things like this make me wish our years in the Military were over, so we could move closer to family and enjoy times like this! : )

SindiRoo said...

Okay, you have to give Doug kudos for the press it is pretty im"press"ive... :) Seems like you guys are having some great family times.