Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Canning guru!






O.K. So I know that I am not busy enough, But since it is canning season I have been canning like crazy. With a family of 7 it is just cheaper to can a lot than buy everything. Especially when I can get My fruits and veggies for free or cheap. It usually tastes better too. So far this year I have canned. Pears, peaches, plum jam, corn, green beans, pickles, salsa, tomato soup. I haven't had time to do apple sauce or apple pie filling yet.


I have had alot of fun with it this year. Probably because I have been canning with some of my friends. Ashlie and I have done salsa, soup, peaches and pears. Kellie and I have done salsa and plum jam. Suzy M. taught me how to make the yummiest bread and butter pickles. I have been teaching my friend Julie how to can Potatoes, which I thought looked gross but she said she made the yummiest cheesy potato soup.

Last year I canned bread, which everyone thinks is weird, but it is good. You bake it in a wide mouth canning jar and when it comes out of the oven you put the lid on and the heat seals it. It is not supposed to be long term.

I have canned salsbury steak, ground beef, ham chunks and the best canned chili ever. Some of my friends say my pantry looks like a grocery store. Some people even think they can shop at the conrad store. What can I say the Conrads like to eat.

2 comments:

wilkinson family said...

wow!!! i am so impressed. i don't even know how to can. you are just awesome that you've gotten all that canned.
when i grow up i want to be like you. lol

Anonymous said...

I always wondered where the REAL Molly Mormon lived. Now I know!!!

Dee Dee