Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy 12th Birthday Katrina!


Katrina had her 12th Birthday this July. Since she stayed the summer with her cousins she missed out on having anything fun. She kept reminding me of that over and over until I decided to silence her complaints with an awesome day. We took 5 of her friends from school to OMSI, which is the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. Since I already have a season pass it didn't cost us anything to get in. We left at 9:30am to head down to Portland for our fun filled day . The girls passed the time on our drive down there by playing DS, and listening to IPODs. ( Boy are things different from when I was 12). We went into the Life and earth science hall which kept them pretty occupied. Then it was off to their new exhibit Mindbender Mansion. This was alot of fun but anyone that knows me knows i'm no Einstein so I had a hard time figuring out some of the clues we needed to solve the mistery. Lucky for us Katrina is a cheat and she went to the computer at each station and cheated her way to all the answers. Normally I dont condone the whole cheating thing but without Brians wiz of a mind to help us out we would have ended up living at OMSI before I figured them all out.



We got pretty hungry after tiring our brain cells so we got our lunchables and headed to the pier right behind OMSI for a picnic lunch. The weather was perfect for us and they even enjoyed spitting into the river. After feeding their left over snacks to the seagulls below we headed back inside to the turbine hall for some good ole hands on fun. Out of all the things to do in there, some of these small town kids were absolutely fascinated by the 3 story elevator. They spent an hour going up and down. I was pretty worn out from watching them. We decided to go to the planetarium for their Cosmic collisions show. That was fun to watch.



After we left Omsi they were hungry but not starving so we drove to Longview to eat at Katrina's favorite place Chuck E. Cheese. I was hoping to not spend too much time their but with 6 girls that was almost impossible. I even played some shooting games. We made it home before 7pm and I'm sure the kids were ready to drop. Katrina said it was her best Birthday ever.

1 comment:

wilkinson family said...

wow, what an awesome mom you are!!!
looks like they had a great day. can you believe we met around the time she was born?
it still gives me the giggles to know that "t" is the only letter between her and karina's 1st and middle names.