Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grapes are Yummy!


This is how many grapes we got!

This is before we raveged the grape vines!

This is after we were finished!
Everyone that knows me knows I never pass up free food ever! Last year Suzy McBride gave me the best Concord Grapes I have ever had. I told her to count me in when it comes time to go picking grapes. I have been waiting patiently until they were ripe so that we could go get them. We had to wait until after the first frost so that it would bring out the juices, But that meant it was colder than heck. So with buckets in hand we drove down to her cousin Mary's in Vancouver to pick grapes. I have never experienced this before so I had in mind that it would take 15-30 minutes. Yeah I was wrong. It took about an hour and a half. We were smart and went really early in the morning so it was nice and cold. Their wasn't as many grapes this year as last but it was a fun experience for me.

No comments: