Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

This Halloween seemed different than the other years. Brianna made plans to go to Longview with two of her friends and Katrina stayed at her friends house too so it was just the 3 younger kids. Andrew didn't want to dress up, not even in his Davy Crockett hat like the last 3 years. Jenna had enough enthusiasm to make up for everyone else. Quinton was still pretty clueless but every time we mentioned candy he seemed pretty happy.We were going to go with a superhero theme for our whole family, but due to cost we decided to forgo that idea. I still think it would have been cool for Brian to be Superman since he is faster than a speeding train, and I am definitely Superwoman! As most of you know our town doesn't have many options for choosing costumes so if your crafty you can make your own but if your like me you head to Walmart and chose the most commercialized costume you can find for your kids.
Quinton is our official ninja ready to fight off all the bad guys. As a test run for this costume I had him kicking Brian in the shins before we headed off to get candy. His ninja method worked pretty good.
It didn't take long for the headband to get lost.
Jenna insisted she wanted to be a ladybug, which Walmart did not carry. I had to go to Olympia to find her a costume that cost more than any sane parent would want to spend on something you wear for 3 hours.
I didn't have hard time getting any pictures of Jenna since she loves to be the center of attention all the time.






Katrina was going Trick R Treating with her best friend in Napavine so I had to hunt them down to get any pictures of them.
They are wild and crazy when they get together.


They took Quinton to a few houses in town for his first Trick R Treating experience. He loved people giving him candy, since it is his favorite thing.
As you can tell by the picture of my poor kid carrying a Easter basket around that I am too cheap to buy a "real" Halloween basket for him to carry. The kids all had a great time and we all made it safely back home.

Disclaimer: Quinton did get a haircut after I viewed the picture and noticed how girly he looked with his pretty hair with a hairband on.

4 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

LOVE the photos!!! :)

Clarissa said...

Those are fabulous pics. Especially the one of Jenna and Quinton walking away from the camera. I would love to take both of the girls costumes (Jenna and Katrina's) off your hands to use them for my girls in the future. I love them both!

Susie Q said...

You are welcome to borrow any of our outfits any time. Just let me know :)

wilkinson family said...

lol, i love it!! they are too cute!