Monday, November 9, 2009

YW in Excellence

Last week we had our Annual YW in excellence for the girls in our ward. Brianna was not able to make it because she was in drivers ed. They had the girls bring things that represent them and shoes that describe them. Katrina brought her drum set, nail polish and makeup. Books because she loves to read. One of her porcelain dolls and some jewelry. She brought her funky Nike's and explained why they represent her.



Here is what she read to everyone.
" When the Young Woman got Worth of a soul, I would have never guessed that I would have such crazy friends and teachers that they would think up shoes. When you think about it though shoes are like the center of a table. The shoes define you just like a flower that defines the family. I think the green in my shoes represent that I'm not normal yet I fit into the pattern, The pink is the little bit of girly girl I have in me. The zebra print represents my life style. My life like a zebras is fast and fun but every once in a while you've got to out run a Lion"
Katrina is such a funny and unique child am I am glad to have her as part of our family!

3 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

I Love Katrina!!! It's so fun to have her in Y.W.'s where I get to rub shoulders with her on personal progress nights! :) She is a Delight!! :)
The girls all did such a wonderful job! They seem to always impress me! :)

Clarissa said...

I loved the part about the zebra and the lion. She sure is a kick in the pants.

Clarissa said...

I would have loved to hear what Brianna would have said.